Monday, December 31, 2012

Are you kidding me? Ridiculous!

I am going to go out on a limb here this sabbath and say are you kidding me? People who say they can't forgive people because what people have done to them is so awful? Are you kidding me? When we have people like Emilie Parker's family, Chris Wilson, the Amish, and others who forgive people of the most heinous acts.

Emilie Parker was one of the 20 children shot in the Connecticut shooting this past December. Her dad and mom were interviewed and they expressed they have no anger towards the shooter or his family and that they have compassion for the shooter that he must've been sick.

Chris Wilson lost some of his family on Christmas Eve when their car was struck by a young driver who was under the influence. Chris has reached out to the driver and forgiven him.

The Amish people who went through the shocking violence of having ten girls in their school shot and five of the girls dying. They invited the shooters family to the funerals.

There are many many stories of courageous people like these who are willing to forgive really terrible acts. What are you holding on to that you can't forgive?

I know I am holding onto way too many trivial hurts. I'm going to step it up and let go. Sorry this post is a little out there and crabby but I'm tired of myself and others not doing what the Lord says and forgive! Just do it people.

No comments:

Post a Comment