Friday, December 14, 2012

Missing My Friend...

My heart goes out to the families of all the victims and those touched by the tragedy in Connecticut.


The Sun Never Says
dedicated to my God Ordained best friend

Even
after
all this time
the sun never says to the earth,
“You owe me.”
Look
what happens 
with a love like that —
It lights the whole world.

Given the events of today, I felt it prudent and inspired to look at the blessings I have in my life.  I will admit, I have been in a living hell as of recently. However, it's all in how I look at it.  Something's changing in me.

I am not going to hide my intentions, desires, weaknesses, or anything else anymore out of fear of what people might think or if they think this is too heavy, or Heather's a sap, or she's talking out of both sides of her mouth.  I am going with the Fellowship of the Unashamed with my purpose in life.

As I was talking with a good friend today telling her my horrible thoughts all fear based, I said to something that may have passed her ears but did not pass mine. I didn't even realize what I was saying until I said it.  I said, "I know my purpose in life."  What? Me the screw up? The one who has not done anything right in 39 years of being on this earth? (At least that's how I have felt at times.) Wow, what a moment. However, that doesn't mean that I'm steady in my footing yet. I'm still struggling with fear based thoughts that take over at times and are very scary.

However, for today, let me say how grateful I am for the love I was able to experience from my  friend, her family, and all those who came into our lives because of them. My friend was the muse for the poem, serving endlessly without any expectations. She taught us the value of serving and her entire family supported this value with their actions as well.

I am grateful we were recipients of their kindness and their example. 

No comments:

Post a Comment