Saturday, June 29, 2013

I am not enough...I am not lovable....I am not worthy of you.


Dr. Brené Brown: The Two Most Dangerous

Brene Brown expresses exactly what my ego has been saying to me. I allowed what happened between my pbff and I to shatter my self worth. My ego told me I am not enough, that's why she left our life. I am not lovable, that's why she ignores. And I am not worthy of other's love, that's why her entire family pulled out of our life.


You see, when we first became bff's, we were both single moms, recently divorced, and we picked up the slack for each other. Her family became mine. I am an only child and my parents live in a different state. So to have her and her family in our life was a huge blessing, a tender mercy from the Lord you might say.

But I let what happened between us affect me and shame me. I wasn't vulnerable. Now I am. Now I tell my story so I can find the connection and compassion and I know thankfully that I am enough. If someone chooses not to love me or be apart of our lives because of my weaknesses, I can't change that. I just have to believe in my divine worth and know that I am doing my best, serving, trying, loving, and being a mom to my kiddos. And that, that is enough. I want the friend who is going to love me because of my weaknesses and everything I bring to the table, not despite my weaknesses. 

And I will make sure to choose to love others and their weaknesses because they are enough. We are tied through something greater than us all. We are all family, blood or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment