Saturday, December 15, 2012

A little sense of humor for searching for answers...


I saw this pic above and thought of a cute little story that goes along with it.  I have been going through some "personal development," also known as trials, as of late and have turned to some serious soul searching and prayer.  I was reminded that not only do I need to lighten up a little and enjoy the simple things in life, but reminded of this in a "God has a great sense of humor sort of way."

I was sitting in a room of faith that others were also in when what I thought was one of the biggest miracles of my life.  I was praying intently and listening for answers. For often times, throughout my spiritual upbringing I have heard that it is important for us to listen physically for an answer to our prayers and that often we don't stop and listen.

On this particular day, I prayed with an earnest desire that I might know the intent of God's will for me.  After I closed my prayer, I sat and listened as well as I could.  That is when it happened.  I heard with my physical ears "a still small voice."  As I strained to hear what it was God wanted of me, I searched my heart and could only hear the faint mumbling. It was sure a "still small voice" I thought.  That is when I turned my head for a brief second and saw a man out of the corner of my eye praying out loud. What? Yes, you read that right, my answer from God was actually an old man praying.

I had a good little chuckle about that experience all the way home.

No comments:

Post a Comment