Sunday, July 7, 2013

Resolving Heart Conflict...How we justify not forgiving others




"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it.


Mark Twain

The video below is well worth the time investment to watch. In my relationship with my pbff, this is what allowed my friend and I to get to the point were we are now. We both objectified each other to justify our intentions. Let me explain... My pbff and I did this at different times. In the video Ferrell explains that sometimes we turn people into objects to justify our actions. For example, my pbff has been ignoring me for months and she justifies it by demonizing me or my behaviors. She says things like, you said mean things to me, which I did.  I objectified her by justifying my mean things I said to her by demonizing her and telling myself that she was hurting me. But as you watch this video you will see what can happen if we continue to do this and what can happen if we stop. My choice was to stop. Please watch, it can change the world. In particular his second story illustrates the negative impact that can happen if we don't see people as ourselves. We are all connected. 


No comments:

Post a Comment