Friday, December 7, 2012

Underwear that's fun to wear...


Time to lighten this blog up a little! I teach preschool and most of the time I'm like "hot dog I love my job!" Occasionally, however, my day is turned a little sideways due to the environment the kids create and I'm like "hot diggity dog, I REALLY love my job."

On one particular day a couple of weeks ago...the class was a little more wound up than usual due to one of the first snowfalls of the season. The kids get about a 10-15 min free time each class period. This free time, I actually needed it! Let's just say that Bob Harper's advice on drinking all that water in one day, hit it's peak point.  I went in to use the restroom and as I'm sitting on the throne of the water closet, I look down and see a pair of little boys underwear.

I quickly try and recall who had used the potty that morning and had narrowed it down to 3 boys. As I went into the classroom the culprit had been caught. By the slide, was a little cutie patootie who I will leave anonymous to protect him from his future wife and kids harrassment, lol! Anyway, as I looked over at him, he was bent over showing what we term as "crack." Yes, the culprit was caught redhanded because as he bent over there was not any underwear to be found.

I called him over into the bathroom to inquire if the underwear on the floor was indeed his and he said "yes."  I looked at him and with a smile asked if he would like to put them back on.  To which he put the biggest grin on his face and said with a laugh, "Miss Heather, I don't like to wear underwear." So being taken off guard a little I asked him if he would like to put them in his backpack.  To which he replied with a bigger grin on his face, "Miss Heather, underwear don't belong in backpacks silly." Wow, my bad!

So he proceeded to take the underwear and place them in the middle of the classroom and went back to playing. Another little boy then noticed the underwear lying there and said, "his underwear in the middle of the floor is unpropriate, it's embarrassing me."

I giggled my way to the underwear and discreetly placed them in the backpack. When his mom came to pick him up that day, I shared with her what happened and she explained he likes to go "commando" or without underwear.  That's when it occured to me he should have been born in the 70's when we had "Underroos" because they were the "underwear that's fun to wear."

No comments:

Post a Comment