Saturday, July 13, 2013

Hard Week, that's for shore...But we have choice.

Playing the hands we are dealt...

Watch this video from Oprah and be amazed at the power of choice.

I have missed my pbff this week. And it's not going to get any easier as the week goes along, if I don't make the choice to change my frame of reference. You see July 19th is a marker day. It's the day my pbff and my relationship changed forever. We didn't choose to look at the blessing God gave us and embrace it and treat it special. We didn't choose to come together and do the work that it would have taken to repair from July 19th.


So I've been sitting around having a pity party. I've felt rejected by people who called me family, misunderstood by the lady who said she would never leave, had my kids mistreated by the people who said they loved them, and stuck in a place where I wish I could change the past. But as Oprah explains in the video below. I can't. She says that that's what forgiveness is. Letting go of the hope that the past can be any different.

No comments:

Post a Comment